Are you feeling a bit stuck?
Is your life where you thought it would be at this time in your life? Has your career’s momentum stalled?
Do you have a dream but aren’t sure if you should go for it or not?
Often, people feel like they are lost, off track, or unsure of what their next move(s) should be or how those moves could or would impact their life. This is what is known as “analysis-paralysis” and keeps people from moving forward. Here are some tips to help you work through this tumultuous time:
- Make decisions when you are clear-headed. If you are unsure, or keep going back and forth in your mind, that is not clear. Clarity is knowing when something you’ve been contemplating is the right choice for you.
- Knowing is something that happens in your gut, not in your head. So, if you tend to be an analytical “thinker”, it would be a great idea for you to work with someone like me (an intuitive “feeler”) who can show you how to link your head and your heart.
- Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up. We have one shot at this life and there will always be ups and downs. Learning to leverage and adjust for the next move is a skill that can only be honed by practice.
- Accept your situation. Accept that where you are today has brought you lessons that you needed to learn in order to go to your next step. Take time to reflect on what you have learned and begin to use that energy to propel you to where you want to go.
- Harness your energy and excitement. When you are about to make your move, don’t tell everyone you know. Only tell those people who you positively KNOW for certain will support you. And, remember –if you don’t absolutely know (feel) it in your gut, don’t share it with others. Negative energy can occur even when people have smiles on their faces.
- Have fun now. Life is short and we take it too seriously at times. Having fun opens us up to new opportunities. When we are happy and in better spirits (by not taking things too seriously), things move at a much easier pace.
- Set small smart goals and write them down. 30-60-90 day goals can really put some spice into your momentum. Writing them down helps you gain a bit more clarity on where you’re going. Think of it like a baseball game. Home runs are exciting–but it’s not about hitting a home run every time. Base hits can also win a game. Small goals that are accomplished add up quickly.
- Track your “wins.” Most people are so focused on what is not working they do not take time to track what is working. Track your accomplishments daily and weekly. It will give you insight as to what is working for you so you can begin to leverage it.
- Focus your energy. When you put intention behind your focus, things will start to move in ways you cannot always see. Keeping a light focused on things will continue to move you in a nice and steady direction.
- Therefore, you want to make sure you are aware of external influences and try to limit them. Only share your deepest desires with those who are supporting your highest good.